In old version UE3, It provided only simple translucent draw method. Its sorting issue is always trouble for rendering the translucent objects.
For this reason, I added two functions in UE3. First is CulledTranslucent of which mesh’s backface is culled. It is useful to represent the hide effect such as rogue’s skill.
Second is CulledTranslucentForBackgroundObject (CTFBO) which is culled by each translucent object with this option. It is useful to secure the Tanker’s view while they’re tanking in MMORPG.
I inserted these as check buttons in material editor for artists
below things are comparison images of translucent objects.
<Culled Translucent For Backgoround Object>
- The Shrines – Procedural demo scene based on WebGL2
- Thesis – Implementation of Optimized pixel-projected reflections for Planar reflectors
- GPU particle system
- Raymarching againt SDFs
- Voxel Global Illunimination
- Demo Reel
- Jin Engine
- Procedural Planet with using Fractal Brownian Motion
- Clustered Deferred and Forward Plus Rendering with WebGL